ScriptWebGeneral Scripting Info
There are a few commercial products written entirely with AppleScript or Frontier (and associated tools such as FaceSpan & Player).
- MacSite Searcher by BlueWorld uses Frontier & FileMaker to provide a search engine for your website. The website includes a helpful comparison to alternative solutions.
- SiteMarker by Rhythmic Sphere, Inc. works in conjunction with Netscape to allow users to manage a custom database of URLs. Features include: extract all links from a Web page, HTML export, a file format that makes it easy to re-distribute "catalogs", etc.
- There's a sneak preview of the web version of Waves in Motion's Stats Galore (below). First fill out this form then go to the admin page (username: waves, password: tidal) and enter 461122, voila!
- Stats Galore by Waves In Motion. You fill in a template to define your questions, they automagically build a FileMaker survey database with integrated analysis. A very professional product; it can often be found in the Claris booth at trade shows. Check out their new web version!
- The first commercial product written entirely in an OSA scripting language was ProjectServer. It uses FileMaker Pro as a networked, multi-user front-end to MacProject, updating information on a nightly basis. Individual contributors can access and update the status of their portions of a project, eliminating manual data exchange. FileMaker Pro also tracks itemized information that is not available in MacProject. MacProject provides PERT and Gant milestones, critical path analysis, costs, etc.
Updated on 5/19/96 by Scott S. Lawton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This site built and maintained using Stage Three, a set of custom Frontier scripts.