Updating to 1.5Player 1.5 is a paid upgrade (free for recent purchasers). It adds support for MacOS 8.5.x plus some cool new features (described elsewhere). When you purchase 1.5 (or if you are entitled to and request a free upgrade), we will e-mail a serial number. Given that, proceed as follows.
Updating Player & Runtime
- Start by downloading and installing the 1.5 trial version (which includes new and updated examples and docs) or the much smaller "1.5 upgrade only" package.
- Follow the instructions on Unlocking the Trial Version. Frontier owners: As with any installation, we recommend first backing up your "Frontier.root" file. After the installer finishes (and either before or after restarting your Mac), run the "Install Frontier support" script and follow the prompts. In general, you will want to overwrite the existing tables to take advantage of new features.
Updating the Player Runtime extension
- If you already have Runtime installed on a second machine, drag it from the Extensions folder to the trash, drag the new Runtime 1.5 to the Extensions folder, restart & empty the trash.
If you own additional licenses for Runtime 1.1 or earlier, please be sure to pay for the upgrade to 1.5. (See the Order Form for details.) We don't have any software tricks to enforce Runtime licenses so we would also appreciate if you took the time to count how many copies are in use and pay for additional licenses if appropriate.
Updating your scripts
- Except as noted in the Release Notes, your scripts should work with no modifications. (That's not an absolute guarantee; we can't test everything!)
- If you used long mouse delays to work around pop-up menu problems, you should be able to eliminate them. (In rare cases, short delays such as 7 may be required. We suggest trying with no extra delay.)
- You may be able to add the new "without extra click" parameter to pop-up menu calls to save some time and prevent the extra flash. However, please test the scripts afterwards. Some pop-ups will visibly change but the application doesn't actually notice the change. (The extra click makes the application notice.)
- See the Release Notes for descriptions of other new features that you may want to take advantage of.
Copyright 1993-99, PreFab Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This site built and maintained using Stage Three, a set of custom Frontier scripts.