Unlocking the Trial VersionWhen you purchase 1.5, we will e-mail a serial number. Given that, proceed as follows.
Unlocking the Player extension
- If you haven't already downloaded the Trial version, do so now.
- If necessary, expand the archive (e.g. with the free StuffIt Expander or MindVision MindExpander).
- Double-click on the file "Unlock with serial#". At the prompt, enter your serial number and click OK.
- empty the trash
- in rare cases, a second restart will be necessary
Player RuntimeThe installer puts a copy of Player Runtime in the Player folder. To run your scripts on another machine, move it to the Extensions folder of that machine. (You should not have both Player and Runtime in the System Folder at the same time. That may cause a crash.)
Please remember that Runtime is not free. We include 1 Runtime license with the purchase of Player; contact us to license additional copies. (See the Order Form for details.)
AppleScript & Frontier
- As noted elsewhere, there is only one "PreFab Player"; it works with both AppleScript and Frontier. Only the supporting files and example scripts differ.
- As noted above, please delete the Trial version of Player. AppleScript occasionally launches the wrong version of an app (including from the trash!); deleting the old one obviously prevents that.
Copyright 1993-99, PreFab Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This site built and maintained using Stage Three, a set of custom Frontier scripts.